At HU, we believe in the power of teamwork and creativity to solve the world’s most complex problems.
Our people are humble, adaptable, and ask questions, believing that a supportive and collaborative community will produce the best and most innovative ideas. Together, we can build enduring solutions that make a meaningful impact on the world. Join us!
Senior Director, Policy and Government Relations
- Cultivate relationships and engage with key policymakers and multiple advocacy communities
- Provide vision and strategic direction for HU’s policy function and team
- Develop and deploy annual budget
- Lead team grantmaking efforts
- Manage and develop a team of 3 professional staff, as well as external consultants
- Advocate and lobby to advance HU and HUA’s strategic priorities
- Serve as a policy voice within HU, leading and advising on policy matters – and act as a leader with a point of view in the broader policy field, engaging with high-level forums and in the media, as needed
- Engage closely with HU’s programmatic teams to identify and support shared policy objectives and impact opportunities
- Serve as primary liaison with legal staff to maintain and improve internal compliance systems enabling the affiliated private foundation / 501(c)(4) organizational structure
- Engage with the HU and HUA Board of Trustees
Humanity United is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to treating all applicants and employees without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religious creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veterans status, citizenship and immigration status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This equal employment opportunity commitment applies to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to, advertising, recruiting, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination.