At HU, we believe in the power of teamwork and creativity to solve the world’s most complex problems.
Our people are humble, adaptable, and ask questions, believing that a supportive and collaborative community will produce the best and most innovative ideas. Together, we can build enduring solutions that make a meaningful impact on the world. Join us!
San Francisco Bay Area location
San Francisco Bay Area location
- Design and implement organizational culture efforts to support the organization’s shift to a remote/hybrid work environment and build a sense of belonging and community across two offices and remote locations.
- Develop and manage an operating rhythm of recurring organization-wide gatherings to ensure continued momentum on implementing the organizational strategy and progress toward our organizational culture goals.
- Serve as a thought partner to and collaborate with the Operations Manager on virtual and in-person event management, facility vendors, and office operations.
- Build relationships with and work together with HU’s outside vendors, using a DEIJ lens in vendor sourcing, selection, and management.
- Design, vet, and implement meaningful opportunities for staff to have their voices directly heard and valued by HU leadership at organization-wide gatherings.
- Foster a culture of appreciation by recognizing work and life milestone moments, including work anniversaries, Kudoboards, and staff gifts.
Request for Proposals: Knowledge Management Needs Assessment
- Assess the overall KM situation at HU in terms of practices, policies, gaps, capacity, decision-making processes, accessibility needs regarding how knowledge is to be gathered and input, as well as for how it can be output and utilized, and lessons learned.
- Generate an understanding of staff’s concerns, perspectives, attitudes & values, capacities, and needs related to knowledge management.
- Diagnose the bottlenecks that HU currently faces related to knowledge management systems and provide recommendations to address those.
- Facilitate the creation of an effective organizational KM strategy that aims to enhance collaboration and communication among staff and partners, facilitate informed decision-making, reduce redundancy and errors, and foster innovation and learning across the organization.
- Agree on a definition of “knowledge” at HU.
Manager, Grants Management
Washington D.C. Metro Area or San Francisco Bay Area Preferred
- Build strong relationships across HU on behalf of the Grants Management team.
- Provide high-quality technical assistance and training for HU’s grantmaking staff on compliance, IRS rules and regulations for private foundations, HU’s internal policies and procedures for international and domestic grantmaking, and grantmaking best practices in the field.
- Lead group and individual trainings to build grantmaker capacity across the organization.
- Provide timely and proficient grantmaking operations support to Humanity United (HU) and HU’s 501(c)(4) sister organization, Humanity United Action (HUA).
- Grant administration responsibilities include the hands-on management of grants and other direct charitable activities for the full lifespan of the grant, from pre-proposal due diligence to grant closure. Specific examples include:
Humanity United is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to treating all applicants and employees without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religious creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veterans status, citizenship and immigration status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This equal employment opportunity commitment applies to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to, advertising, recruiting, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination.