At HU, we believe in the power of teamwork and creativity to solve the world’s most complex problems.
Our people are humble, adaptable, and ask questions, believing that a supportive and collaborative community will produce the best and most innovative ideas. Together, we can build enduring solutions that make a meaningful impact on the world. Join us!
Manager, Strategy, Learning and Impact
San Francisco, CA
- Support program staff to develop theories of change, design evaluation frameworks, create and verify data collection tools, and analyze and interpret data.
- Develop, implement, and manage internal processes for conducting ongoing outcomes measurement and intentional reflection to ensure cohesive, consistent, high quality data collection, analysis and learning.
- Help teams summarize and report impact of program investments, including supporting the development of board books and PowerPoint decks.
- Support program staff to develop and refresh their programmatic strategies using systems-enabled tools.
- Advise program staff on the development of RFPs for external evaluation work and provide technical assistance to teams on a variety of grantee-level evaluation and learning activities.
- Provide technical assistance to grantees to help strengthen their capacity to collect data responsibly, maintain data security protocols, and learn from the information they have collected.
San Francisco or Washington, D.C.
At Humanity United, we believe in the power of people to bring about extraordinary change. The people that form part of our organization are no exception. As a member of the communications team, you will help HU achieve its mission to advance human dignity at home and around the world by shaping how HU communicates with its audiences, raising awareness about the issues we support, and helping HU achieve its strategic objectives.
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to work across our organization with a variety of team members as a thought partner, strategy developer, and implementor of communications initiatives. This position can be located in either San Francisco or Washington DC.
The work HU engages in is important, urgent, and at times heavy. What keeps us moving is our team’s commitment to the work and each other. We embrace humility, learning, humor, and never shy away from the hard work we know is necessary to achieve the change we seek. If you are passionate about human rights, a self-starter, and a team player ready to help build a better world, we want to meet you!
Senior Manager, Human Trafficking and Labor Migration
- Ensuring high quality programs and initiatives are built, identified and funded to achieve HU’s intended impact.
- Managing program strategy and learning to achieve HU’s intended impact using a complex systems practice, including the development and use of systems maps, theories of change, and other internal strategy processes.
- Managing an Investment Manager who oversees key aspects of the strategy.
- Managing partner relationships, identifying new partners and overseeing implementation and reporting of grants and initiatives. This includes frequent collaboration with HU’s partners who include UN agencies, senior government officials, multinational corporate representatives, major international institutions, grassroots groups and workers groups.
Humanity United is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to treating all applicants and employees without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religious creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veterans status, citizenship and immigration status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This equal employment opportunity commitment applies to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to, advertising, recruiting, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination.