At HU, we believe in the power of teamwork and creativity to solve the world’s most complex problems.
Our people are humble, adaptable, and ask questions, believing that a supportive and collaborative community will produce the best and most innovative ideas. Together, we can build enduring solutions that make a meaningful impact on the world. Join us!
Manager, Strategy, Learning & Impact
San Francisco, CA
Humanity United is seeking a self-motivated, creative and organized Manager who will serve as an integral member of HU’s Strategy, Learning and Impact department. This role will report to the Director of Strategy, Learning and Impact.
The Manager will support a range of organizational learning and development efforts, including advancing HU’s own monitoring, evaluation, research and learning practice to inform strategic decision-making. This role will also partner directly with program teams to help them develop their program strategies, monitor and learn from their work and adapt accordingly. In particular, this hire will engage deeply with and serve as a learning advisor to HU’s corporate engagement and supply chain practice.
Associate General Counsel
San Francisco, CA
- Review grant proposals, agreements and reports, and facilitate the organization’s giving by advising staff on how to address legal aspects of grantmaking
- Review, negotiate and draft a variety of contracts and other agreements, and oversee the contract management function, including ensuring that contract and grant-agreement processes are up-to-date and effective
- Conduct legal research and analyze legal issues that affect the organization and its activities at the local, state, federal, and international levels, and prepare findings, recommendations, templates, and plans to effectively advise the organization
- Create staff-friendly policies, procedures and systems around a variety of legal compliance and risk-management issues
- Stay up-to-date with and advise staff on laws applicable to private foundations, public charities and social welfare organizations, including IRS lobbying, self-dealing and campaign intervention rules
- Provide counsel on the state, federal and international rules that apply to HU, including providing advice and designing compliance programs related to HU’s local/state lobbying disclosure act and charitable fundraising activities
San Francisco, CA
The Receptionist will support Humanity United’s staff and visitors by performing general administrative office duties to ensure the smooth functioning of the office. Key responsibilities will include answering and transferring incoming calls, greeting and directing all visitors, managing office and kitchen supplies, and supporting office events and meetings.
As the face of Humanity United, you must be friendly, customer service oriented, organized, energetic, and unflappable.
Humanity United is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to treating all applicants and employees without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religious creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veterans status, citizenship and immigration status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This equal employment opportunity commitment applies to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to, advertising, recruiting, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination.