At HU, we believe in the power of teamwork and creativity to solve the world’s most complex problems.
Our people are humble, adaptable, and ask questions, believing that a supportive and collaborative community will produce the best and most innovative ideas. Together, we can build enduring solutions that make a meaningful impact on the world. Join us!
Senior Manager, Human Trafficking and Labor Migration
- Ensuring high quality programs and initiatives are built, identified and funded to achieve HU’s intended impact.
- Managing program strategy and learning to achieve HU’s intended impact using a complex systems practice, including the development and use of systems maps, theories of change, and other internal strategy processes.
- Managing an Investment Manager who oversees key aspects of the strategy.
- Managing partner relationships, identifying new partners and overseeing implementation and reporting of grants and initiatives. This includes frequent collaboration with HU’s partners who include UN agencies, senior government officials, multinational corporate representatives, major international institutions, grassroots groups and workers groups.
San Francisco, CA
- Build investment staff capacity around evaluation framework design, data collection, verification, analysis and reporting.
- Review and design tools for data collection, monitoring, learning, and reporting.
- Conduct research on appropriate performance indicators and data sources for investment teams
- Social impact measurement background with demonstrated technical expertise in quantitative and qualitative research methods, tool design, validation, and data analysis.
- Measurement experience in the human rights, peacebuilding, human trafficking, labor migration, or comparable fields; Experience with leading data collection among vulnerable, exploited, and hidden populations is desired.
- First-hand experience leading field-level data collection as well as “upstream” data collection (i.e. advocacy, market incentives, media, etc). A background in assessment related specifically to supply chains, corporate engagement, and impact investing is a bonus.
Senior Associate, Policy & Government Relations
- Develop a thorough understanding of persons-of-influence in the anti-human trafficking and peacebuilding fields and stay abreast of relevant news, legislative progress, legal developments and strategic issues in key countries and related to priority issues.
- Network with relevant organizations and entities, as needed, to promote awareness of HU and its priorities. Cultivate relationships with stakeholders, including Hill staff, allied organizations and survivors.
- Engage in advocacy on HU’s Portfolios – Human Trafficking & Supply Chains, Peacebuilding & Conflict Prevention.
- Attend conferences, meetings, and other events on behalf of Humanity United.
- Track new legislation and trends.
- Monitor and track implementation Public Policy & Government Relations
Project Manager, KnowTheChain
San Francisco, CA
- Act as communications hub for KTC partners and the benchmarking process.
- Create, maintain, and manage project timelines.
- Contribute to the development, writing, and editing of all benchmark reports and associated copy.
- Oversee the design and production of reports and provide creative guidance.
- Implement and manage communication campaigns and ongoing communications with KTC partners and supporters.
- Manage KTC benchmark launch strategies, including but not limited to webinars and in-person events.
Managing Director, Peacebuilding & Conflict Transformation
The Managing Director will:
- Oversee existing strategic initiatives of work within the Peace Building and Conflict Transformation portfolio, which have already begun the shift towards more domestically-led peace agendas.
- Provide thought leadership around what role, if any, HU should play in areas of high conflict, testing strategies and programs in specific geographies to determine if that strategy can be scaled and replicated across regions.
- Be responsible for nurturing and further improving an already strong and connected culture.
Managing Director, Forced Labor & Human Trafficking
San Francisco, CA
- Create an enabling environment (external and internal) for the successful implementation of the strategic initiatives housed in these two portfolios
- Ensure the integrity of HU’s systems practice across portfolio programs and teams
- Ensure that portfolio investment teams, under the leadership of the investment directors, deliver high quality work, maintain process integrity and apply and a critical lens to our biases/assumptions
- Be accountable for the impact of the strategic initiatives under management
- Build and deepen the portfolios’ talent base
- Build and coach championship teams within the portfolio
Humanity United is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to treating all applicants and employees without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religious creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veterans status, citizenship and immigration status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This equal employment opportunity commitment applies to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to, advertising, recruiting, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination.