At HU, we believe in the power of teamwork and creativity to solve the world’s most complex problems.
Our people are humble, adaptable, and ask questions, believing that a supportive and collaborative community will produce the best and most innovative ideas. Together, we can build enduring solutions that make a meaningful impact on the world. Join us!
- Support grant processes and reporting, including any related administrative tasks, such as document uploading
- Support research and learning efforts related to the Human Trafficking and Labor Migration Portfolio
- Support the team in editing and formatting of internal and external presentations, written materials, and web content.
- Support the team in planning and preparing for international trips and meetings
- Support planning and organizing of events, conferences and meetings, and participate, as needed
- Assist the Director, Investments with scheduling and other administrative tasks, as needed
Project Manager, KnowTheChain
San Francisco, CA
- Act as communications hub for KTC partners and the benchmarking process.
- Create, maintain, and manage project timelines.
- Contribute to the development, writing, and editing of all benchmark reports and associated copy.
- Oversee the design and production of reports and provide creative guidance.
- Implement and manage communication campaigns and ongoing communications with KTC partners and supporters.
- Manage KTC benchmark launch strategies, including but not limited to webinars and in-person events.
Executive Associate, Investments
- Coordinate domestic and international travel for Managing Directors
- Manage calendar and schedule for Managing Directors
- Coordinate events onsite or at offsite venues for Investment Team department (SF)
- Provide administrative assistance with expense reports for Investment Team (SF)
- Carry out special projects as determined by Managing Director
Associate, Working Capital Fund
- Screening prospect companies for market potential, social impact and financial viability
- Interacting with management teams to evaluate and develop nuanced understanding of business risks and opportunities
- Performing market and competitive analysis
- Supporting term sheet discussions and negotiations with business model and valuation analysis (including pre-and-post money capitalization tables)
- Drafting investment memorandum for Limited Partners and investment committee, summarizing the investment thesis and due diligence results, including building an internal financial model (with full pricing assumptions, income statement and cash flow forecast), sensitivity analysis and valuation analysis
- Supporting staff by preparing weekly pipeline reports for team meetings, monthly portfolio reports including summary pipeline statistics, individual deal updates, and portfolio asset management dashboard reports for executive management and quarterly limited partner reports for meetings with the LP advisory board or individual calls
- Monitoring portfolio companies’ key performance indicators and milestones to evaluate progress, assess follow-on investment potential, and identify changes in business or market fundamentals
- Conducting financial and portfolio performance analysis and preparing quarterly LP reports
- Social impact data aggregation and reporting
Managing Director, Peacebuilding and Conflict Transformation
The Managing Director will:
- Oversee existing strategic initiatives of work within the Peace Building and Conflict Transformation portfolio, which have already begun the shift towards more domestically-led peace agendas.
- Provide thought leadership around what role, if any, HU should play in areas of high conflict, testing strategies and programs in specific geographies to determine if that strategy can be scaled and replicated across regions.
- Be responsible for nurturing and further improving an already strong and connected culture.
Managing Director, Human Trafficking and Labor Migration
San Francisco, CA
- Create an enabling environment (external and internal) for the successful implementation of the strategic initiatives housed in these two portfolios
- Ensure the integrity of HU’s systems practice across portfolio programs and teams
- Ensure that portfolio investment teams, under the leadership of the investment directors, deliver high quality work, maintain process integrity and apply and a critical lens to our biases/assumptions
- Be accountable for the impact of the strategic initiatives under management
- Build and deepen the portfolios’ talent base
- Build and coach championship teams within the portfolio
Humanity United is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to treating all applicants and employees without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religious creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veterans status, citizenship and immigration status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This equal employment opportunity commitment applies to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to, advertising, recruiting, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination.